For more than five decades, the East Harlem Council for Human Services, Inc. Bilingual Head Start, also known as “La Escuelita”, has been diligently offering quality services to children and families in the community of East Harlem NY, better known as El Barrio. Our school not only offers quality education to 3- and 4-year-olds attending the 3-K and Pre-K programs, but also extends a helping hand to families who need support and resources to improve the quality of their lives. The families that walk through our doors grow, excel and achieve their goals with the guidance and resources provided by our program and its group of professional staff. The Bilingual Head Start is genuinely committed to the children we serve and to our community, always welcoming cultural diversity and embraces the values, culture and traditions of all the families.
All families that meet the eligibility requirements enjoy
the following year-round benefits at no cost:
- 12-Month Program Full-day Education
- Dual Language Education in English and Spanish
- Performing Arts
- Educational Trips
- Cultural Presentations
- Dental and Visual Screenings
- Literacy through Culture Programs
- Nutritionist Service on Site
- Mental Health Consultant on Site
- Healthy Nutritious Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, and Snack
- Health and Wellness Workshops and Activities
- Nutrition Classes for Parents
- Cool Culture Family Pass with Museum Access at No Cost to all Families
- Family Support Services
- English as a Second Language Classes ESL and Conversational English
- Parenting Classes and Support Groups
- Learning Development for Parents through Learn with Us Workshops
To learn more about our Program visit us at our two convenient locations:
440 E 116th Street, New York, NY, 10029 and 30 E 111th Street, New York, NY, 10029
You can also visit our website at www.ehbilingualheadstart.org
or call us at (212)-427-9010, (212)-860-7201
Email us at email@example.com
Or check us out on our Bilingual Head Start website!
Bilingual Head Start follows all safety protocols and continues to offer services to the community.
We currently offer three learning models:
- In-Person Learning
- Blended Learning
- Remote Learning
This health center receives HHS funding and has Federal PHS deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.